Welcome To The Merritt Agency Website

Home Insurance

Own or rent, home insurance protects more than just the building. It protects your possessions, valuables, and the personal liability of family members in your home. And, because every home and family/individual situation is unique, you need a trusted expert who will get to know you and use that information to guide you in choosing the options that best suit your needs.

To learn more about home insurance you can get a quote online, call 914-276-3400, or visit our contact page to discuss your needs with a trusted associate.

NOTE: Floods are not covered by your homeowner’s policy. To protect your property, you need a flood insurance policy.

Why do I need home, condo, or renter’s insurance?

 Whether you own or rent, home insurance covers more than possessions and assets. Here are a number reasons you need this protection.

1. It can be a financial safety net in a disaster, bad things do happen. Do you have the financial resources to repair or replace your home and its contents in the event of a fire or major damage? Even mini disasters like lightning strikes, heating, plumbing or other home system failures, theft or vandalism can create significant financial hardships.

2. If you rent, your landlord’s policy will not cover your personal property. The insurance policy that covers the building where you live does not cover your possessions inside the dwelling. A renter’s or tenant’s policy protects your personal possessions including furniture or electronic equipment, in case of fire, theft and other perils.

3. If you own a condo, the condo association’s policy does not cover your personal property and generally the interior of your condo. The condo association’s master policy generally covers the exterior walls and not any personal property. A condo policy protects your personal possessions in the case of a covered loss such as fire, theft, etc.

4. There are special items you want to protect. If you own special jewelry, silverware, fine art, antiques, electronics or other valuables, you can protect these items by adding special extended coverage endorsements to your home insurance policy.

The bottom line on needing homeowner’s and renter’s insurance is that if you can’t financially afford to cover a loss on your own, then you can’t afford not to be insured. Insurance can be complex but our trusted associates guide you and make it as simple as possible.